/>

Welcome

My Creative Country Corner is just an outlet for my thoughts, however crazy, hopefully some creative art using different mediums and just plain fun stuff, recipes I think you might like, and any other things that pass through my mind I would like to share. I hope you can stay for a moment or sit a little longer. When you have to leave, I hope you will come back again. God Bless!



Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloween and stay safe!!!

Wanted to post several things today.  I needed another sympathy card, the TJ October Just One swap, and played with several "postcards" from Crafty Secrets.  Hope you enjoy....

A friend lost her brother in an auto accident several weeks ago.  I love this set from Our Daily Bread Designs and have used it before but tweaked it just a bit for this one.  All paper from The Paper Temptress (absolutely love this paper...all kinds of it!).  I used the Cuttlebug script folder on vellum for the background;  IRL it looks like layers of clouds.  Used Wizard die cuts, Dew Drops, twine, and ribbon from stash to finish.



For my Just One swap, I used the Sepia Technique from the October/November 2009 Newsletter. I love this soft, vintage-looking technique and really have fun using it.  Thought a cover this old might look like this, LOL.  The stamp is from Cornish Heritage Farms. After coloring, I cut it all out and used Basic Grey DP behind it from the Origins pad. Thought this particular pattern looked like a screen that would be behind a gate. Roughed up the edges after that and sponged edges with Distress Ink. All papers are from The Paper Temptress with the tan being embossed with a pumpkin folder from Cuttlebug. Little bow done on Bow-Easy with Ribbon from Ellen Hutson and Flame Dewdrops from stash…



The next few images are done using Craft Secrets Vintage Halloween Postcards Kit.  I used the antique wallpaper technique over the cut outs before attaching them on the chipboard, including the little 3-D charms added to the front and "stamps" added to the back.  Distressed all the edges with matching Tim Holtz Distressing Inks.  The "postcard" back was stamped with the stamps that came with the kit.  An addition of Black Diamond Stickles around the 3-Ds, a few Dew Drops and gorgeous May Arts silk ribbon from the Stamp Simply Ribbon Store completed the hangups perfectly.  These will be going to our granddaughter and a few friends.  My DH wants to know if we can keep one, can you believe that?






Thanks for reading this far, I know it was a long one.  I'll try not to put so many together next time!  In the mean time, do have a good Halloween weekend.  Still can't believe that Monday starts a new month already!!

Blessings and peace.......





















1 comment:

  1. Hi Lyn, These are all stunning! The Halloween hangings are just so fabulous! Your friend will appreciate the beautiful card you made for her!

    ReplyDelete