/>

Welcome

My Creative Country Corner is just an outlet for my thoughts, however crazy, hopefully some creative art using different mediums and just plain fun stuff, recipes I think you might like, and any other things that pass through my mind I would like to share. I hope you can stay for a moment or sit a little longer. When you have to leave, I hope you will come back again. God Bless!



Thursday, December 9, 2010

I have been MIA for the last 6 weeks or so due to some heavy-duty issues with my back (we thought).  After a spinal epidural without much success, more x-rays were done yesterday, and lo and behold, all the pain is thought to be coming from my right hip.  Due to arthritis that I didn't know I had, the hip is bone on bone!  You could have knocked me over with a feather.  Well, 1st appointment with orthopedic surgeon in Charlotte on Friday.  I'm not a happy camper but at least we know what has been causing all the pain, making it very difficult to walk, sit, stand, or lay for any length of time.  Since I can't stay on heavy-duty drugs (and don't want to), we're going to start the 1st step and see what comes from that.  I'm still in shock and can't believe this is happening. I guess I'm glad he found what is causing all my pain, and it can be fixed. It could be worse for many reasons, so I'm thanking God that it is what it is and know He'll get me through it. I'm not ready for a Scooter from the Scooter Store yet, LOL!!

This is the card sent to my partner for the Just One November swap.  I used an old technique which is one of my all-time favorites. I especially like this Milk Paint Technique for this time of year. It’s from the December 2005 Technique Junkie. Really, I guess, I used the Level Up Tutorial too with the greenery swag. I stamped it 3 times with different shades of Tim Holtz Distressed Inks, cut it out, and offset each layer a little bit for more “fullness” of the swag. Added all kinds of different things to it for the Christmas/Winter feel from Faux Snow to Flower Soft to Christmas Red Stickles. Hot glued the double bow to it, and Voila, LOL!!  All the textures and sparkles don't show up too well in the scan unfortunately.  It is much prettier IRL.


I hand drew the “hinges” for the door but think I got them a little large for the size of the card. Papers used are Stampin’ Up and Candido Incandescent from The Paper Temptress. Swag stamp and ones inside are from The Artistic Outpost. I think that about covers it.



Until next time, Blessings, love, and hugs.........

1 comment:

  1. Lynda... So sorry to hear about your hip. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Keep up the great work ;). Hugs Linda Duke (Linda's Works of Heart).

    ReplyDelete