/>

Welcome

My Creative Country Corner is just an outlet for my thoughts, however crazy, hopefully some creative art using different mediums and just plain fun stuff, recipes I think you might like, and any other things that pass through my mind I would like to share. I hope you can stay for a moment or sit a little longer. When you have to leave, I hope you will come back again. God Bless!



Monday, September 6, 2010

Hope your Labor Day weekend has been good.  Our son got the porch on the back of the barn that we've been trying to get screened all summer done yesterday.  It's just been too hot, and the sun doesn't leave that area until about 4 in the afternoon.  DH then is all out of the notion by that time, LOL!  It's sure going to be nice though this fall, my most favorite time of the year.  Can't wait to sit and watch the deer and other little creatures and birds that come out of the woods to eat and drink. 

I've got 2 cards to share.  Both are Worn Wallpaper from the current TJ newsletter.  The 1st was done for a family that lost a mother/sister/daughter.  Paper is from The Paper Temptress and Basic Grey, stamps from Our Daily Bread and Stampin' Up.  The oval was cut with the Wizard Geometric Oval die, ribbon saved from a Clare Burke order.  ( LOL!  Can't throw anything away as you never know when you might need it, right?  Just saw an episode of Hoarders, pretty scary as I look at my stash!)


The 2nd is the Technique by Design Sketch Challenge for this month.  Again, all paper from The Temptress and Basic Grey.  My Panel E image is an art acetate piece from PK Glitz and "glitzed" with PK.  The greeting on Panel F was written by me with a Quickie Glue Pen and also "glitzed."  That greeting says "Harvest Blessings," but I'm afraid it doesn't show very well at all in the scan. In fact, the pretty "glitz" doesn't show too well on any of it, but it is so much prettier IRL.  I used buttons from Basic Grey for the 3 decorative items with green Wire Works from Stampin' Up, coming through the button holes, twisted to look like the tendrils on the pumpkin vine.  Fun to do........



Hope you all have a good week.  Thanks for stopping by and hopefully will see you back soon.

Peace and Blessings for your week ahead....

2 comments:

  1. these are both wonderful. great use of the sketch design. have a great day. xo michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Michele, for the kind comments. They mean a lot :>)

    ReplyDelete